Liveaboard Diving Trip

For my birthday present from my parents, I asked if they would pay for me to go on a liveaboard diving trip over Easter weekend.  My trip ended up being for 2 days 1 night.  I did six dives, including a night dive, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

Room number 16 on the liveaboard boat! The room I shared with another girl, Jane, who also happened to be from America. 🙂

Our cute beds!

The view next to my bed.

The sunrise at 6AM outside my window. 🙂

The front of the tshirt I purchased.

The back of the shirt. So adorable! 🙂

I enjoyed all of the dives.  They were throughout the two days, so different sea creatures were active at different times.  On my last dive, I swam next to a sea turtle and he kept looking at me suspiciously.  So cute!  The night dive was particularly exciting.  I had never done one before so it was an entirely new experience.  We all sat underwater near the front of the boat while the crew threw over some meat scraps to feed some white tip reef sharks.  It was awesome but scary at the same time because I could only see as much as my flashlight would let me!

The biggest problem is that I now have an outer ear infection. 🙁  Some water must have been leftover in my right ear after my dives.  It’s such a horrible pain, and right before my birthday, too!

I hope it goes away soon.

This entry was posted in Cairns April. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Liveaboard Diving Trip

1. Gaillarkin says:

It was seriously awesome!!!! I REALLY want to go cage-diving with great whites, but you have to go way south to do that. :/

2. Reverend says:

You were diving with sharks at night? You are now officially my hero, I am petrified of sharks, and the idea with an added blanket of darkness just makes it all that much crazier. Wow!